Deploying a Data correction script on a specific environment on Use Place¶
This section describes the steps required to follow, in case of a failure or a requirement of deploying a correction script to a specific environment on Use Place.
For example, let’s assume, latest delivery sequence in Build Place is 2.0.0 and some data need to be repaired on CFG environment. This data correction script can be deployed to specific environment on Use Place using a Corrective delivery.
Steps to Deploy a Data correction script on a specific environment on Use Place¶
- Let’s assume all Use Place environments are installed with the latest delivery 2.0.0.
- Create a new Delivery Branch based on 2.0.0 as per the documentation Corrective Delivery Creation.
- Create and commit data repair script (DataRepairScript.sql) directly on to the new delivery branch.
- Create the corrective delivery which is 2.0.1
- The delivery 2.0.1 can be installed only on to CFG environment.
- This delivery only needs to be installed on to CFG environment (where the data need to be repaired).
In this way, the data repair script (DataRepairScript.sql) is not committed on to the master. So, when the future delivery is created (based on the master) the data repair code won’t be there and the same delivery can be deployed on all the environments.