IFS Analysis Models - Development Guidelines¶
IFS Analysis Models generally covers technologies, processes, and applications to analyze mostly internal structural data to support better business decision making.
A major part of IFS Analysis Models is the Tabular Models framework which support the Microsoft SSAS Tabular Model architecture.
The Tabular Models framework supports a layered architecture which supports configurable customizations. A SSAS Tabular Model can be respresented as an IFS model and IFS also delivers standard models in different product areas.
Although the framework also consists of SQL Server components such as SQL Server database, SSIS, Agent Jobs, SSAS the main idea is that the framework represents a generic platform which does not require any modifications.
Development will instead be focused on creating the needful sources and attributes to be able to create the required model in SSAS. This means to create sources as:
- Ordinary views - to be made available in the <IFSINFO> schema.
- New dimensions and Facts
- Developed via IFS Developer Studio (preferable), or
- Created as Quick Information Sources and Quick Dimensions
- Generation of Access Views
- Creating transformation view in the SQL Server database
- Creating Tabular Data Sources.
More development details will follow. Right now, please refer to the examples in Analysis Models - Custom Configurations.