IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in¶
This document describes how to install the Data Migration Excel Add-in in a computer.
The 64-bit version of Office 2016 or a later version.
Excel 2016 or a later version of the Office client, if you are testing or running an Office Add-in specifically for this Office desktop clients.
|office on web||supported.Exception : Office on the web will not open in Internet Explorer.|
|Mac(ios) and Android||supported.|
|Office 2013||Not supported.|
|non-subscription Office 2021 or later (Windows 10, 11)||supported.|
|Office 2016 Perpetual (professional or higher)||supported.|
|Office 2019 Perpetual (professional or higher)||supported.|
|Office 2021 Perpetual (professional or higher)||supported.|
|non-subscription Office 2013 to Office 2019 (Windows 7, 8.1, 10, 11)||Not supported.|
|Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel (Office 365 ProPlus)||supported.|
|office 365 mso (semi annual Enterprise)||supported.|
(combinations that has browser as Internet Explorer 11 are not supported platforms)
Data Migration Microsoft Excel Add-in can be installed in multiple ways:
- Go to Solution Manager >> Data Management >> Data Migration >> Excel Migration >> Generate Manifest, to Generate the Manifest of IFS Excel Add-in.
NOTE: this page is only visible to users with FND_ADMIN permission set.
2. Save the file in any name (default name: IFS Excel Add-in.xml)
- Upload the xml file. (IFS Excel Add-in supports both MS Excel desktop client, Sharepoint and Ondrive)
Upload as My Add-in:
Note: Following option is only visible when the user has admin privileges and in web clients.
- Navigate to Insert >> My Add-ins >> Upload My Add-in
- Upload the relevant xml file.
Upload as Shared Folder 1. Go to MS Excel, File >> Options >> Trust Center >> Trust Center Settings >> Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
Add Catalog Url to the shared Manifest location.
Check Show in Menu option and Save changes.
Restart MS Excel application Navigate to Insert >> My Add-ins >> SHARED FOLDER the IFS Excel Add-in will be loaded.
Go to MS Excel, File >> Options >> Trust Center >> Trust Center Settings >> Trusted Add-in Catalogs.
The version of any given Office Add-In will be as follows,
For example: 184.108.40.206
- 21.2 - Major Release Number
- 0 - SU Number
- 2 - Internal Build Number
When a excel migration job is created a projection will be created to expose data to the excel client. In order to access the migration job for a particular user, the projection should be assigned to a permission set where user has grants. The projection name will be created using the migration job name and appending a suffix MigjobHandling in pascal case.
eg: - Migration job = INVOICE_ITEM_TEST - Projection name = InvoiceItemTestMigjobHandling
Adding Projection to Permission Set¶
Navigate to page Solution Manager >> Users and Permissions >> Permission Sets >> Grant Projections To Permission Sets
Find and add the Excel Migration projection created to the list
Next, find and add the permission set where the projection should be assigned.
Note: a projection can be granted to multiple permission sets
- When finished, the created projection is granted to permission set(s) to access.
- For Office web client go to internet options and clear all cookies related to excel, clear browsing cache and refresh web client.
- For Office desktop clients clear all contents in folder
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wefand restart MS Excel.