Setting Up Access to Document Revisions for Allowable Configuration Document Classes¶
The engineering service partner, configuration control board, and configuration specialist users need access to the document revisions to access documents used in Allowable Configuration. You must define access for these users on the Document Access Template page. This can be done on a user group level or user level.
The Document Classes that have been set up for Allowable Configuration are:
- IPC JSON: JSON files generated in Allowable Configuration.
- IPC REV: IPC Change Revision documents.
To set up access for document revision, follow the steps below:
- To provide access at group level, navigate to the Person Group page in Document Management and create a group. Then add the users you created as group members. The members added to a group should be intended to have the same access level.
- Navigate to the Document Access Template page in IFS Cloud, and search for the document classes IPC JSON and IPC REV.
- Under the Access Lines section, enter the required user ID or group ID and access level.
After the initial document class is set up, when a new user is created, the user needs to be added to the person group to manage documents. If the document class was set up at a user level, the new user needs to be added to the Access Lines section.