Configure work package loader data cleanup activities¶
The AD Chain Cleanup Workscope Loader database task chain, predefined in the installation script, deletes transactions in the external file tables and records from intermediate processing tables, to prevent data piling up in the database.
Modify database chain schedule¶
The database task chain is scheduled to run once a month, on the 1st day of every month, at 12 am. If required, you can change the database chain schedule as follows:
- In the IFS Aurena navigator, navigate to Solution Manager/Background Processing/Scheduled Tasks and open the Database Task Chain Schedule page.
- Search for the database task chain schedule by name, AD Chain Cleanup Workscope Loader.
- Click Edit.
- Change values for the fields in the Schedule section as required.
- Click Save.
If you are unable to view the database task chain schedule to edit, you must:
- Navigate to Solution Manager/Users and Permissions/Permission Sets/Database Task and Chain Grants and open the Database Task Chains page.
- For the AD Chain Cleanup Workscope Loader database chain task, on the Permission Sets tab, in the Permission sets not granting section, filter by your role (permission set) that you want to grant access to.
- Select the role and click Grant.
- Open the Permission Set page and search for the permission set you just granted access to.
- In the Permission Set navigator, click Show more and click System Privileges.
- In the Granted System Privileges section, click Add and add the Administrator system privilege.
Modify removal schedule for external file transactions¶
The period after which transactions for the external file tables must be deleted is predefined as 30 days. If required, you can change the value for number of days after which the transactions in the external file tables is deleted, as follows:
- In the IFS Aurena navigator, navigate to Accounting Rules/External File/Basic Data and open the External File Template page.
- Locate the FLMWORKSCOPE file template.
- Click on the Input Files tab and click Edit.
- In the Remove Transaction Options section, in the Remove Days field enter the required number of days after which transactions must be deleted from the external file tables.
Configure event actions for cleanup job notification¶
When the cleanup job is run, an event action can be configured to notify you of the same.
- Navigate to Solution Manager/Configuration/Events and open the New Event Action assistant.
- Select an event action type that you require, such as Application Message or E-Mail, and in the Perform upon Event field enter and select the BACKGROUND_JOB_IS_PROCESSED event.
- Enter an action description as required.
- In the Conditions section, select Edit.
- For the condition by name STATE, in the Condition field select "=" and in the Value field enter and select "Ready".
- For the condition by name DESCRIPTION, in the Condition field select "LIKE" and in the Value field enter and select "AD Chain Cleanup Workscope Loader".
- Click Next.
- In the To User field, enter and select the identity of your user to whom the message notification must be sent.
- In the Subject field, enter the subject of the message to be sent.
- Click Next.
- Toggle Enable Event Action to On.
- Click Finish. Once the background job has been executed, you will be notified via a notification.