Release Update Deliveries
This section describe the delivery creation in Release Studio and applying release-update deliveries to the use place.
Release Studio delivery creation process is similar to the Build Place delivery creation process except the following differences. Refer Build Place Deliveries for more information.
- Delivery creation can be initiated using the 'Order Delivery' button in Release Studio (Figure 8.1).
|Figure 8.1 - Order Delivery|
- Corrective delivery type is not applicable for Release Update Process since the updated version is not in production. Thus, any urgent fixes also should follow the general delivery process.
Delivery Baseline dropdown list the following delivery tags,
- Delivery tag selected when applying the Release Update (Refer Fetch the Release Update to Customer Baseline Repository for more information) - This should be selected as the baseline delivery when creating the initial delivery in Release Update Studio
- All deliveries created from Release Update Studio - This can be selected as the baseline delivery when creating the subsequent deliveries
- Deliveries created from Build Place (using master branch in customer solution repository) after the the delivery tag selected when applying the Release Update - This can be selected as the baseline delivery if a delivery is created on the current track and applied on the use place and now required to create and apply release update delivery
Target commit dropdown lists san-ru-<Unix Timestamp>-OK tags created on the release-update branch commits
Delivery Versioning (Refer Delivery ID section in Build Place Deliveries for more information):
- For the initial delivery created from Release Studio, Major version will be increased by 1. Minor version and Revision will be set to 0
- For all other subsequent deliveries only Minor version will be increased by 1
Delivery environment card shows 'Created for RU' label and 'release-update' as the branch name(Figure 8.2).
|Figure 8.2 - Delivery Environment Card|
Applying the Delivery to the Use Place
Release Update delivery apply process is similar to the normal delivery apply process for both recidency option 1 and recidency option 2 customers. For Recidency option 2 customers Manage Deployments button is available in Release Update Studio screen. Refer Applying the Delivery to the Use Place for more information.