Time Management (TIMREP)
The purpose of this page is to provide some specific installation information related to Time Management.
Handling Integration of Time Management with other components
A Time Management Interface could be used to register time reported from other components i.e. Project Reporting (PRJREP), Work Order (WO), Shop Order (SHPORD). The other components need to be registered in Time Management (TIMREP) as Time Management components to be able to utilize this functionality.
When Time Management (TIMREP) is installed prior to the connected components then the components are being registered automatically during their installation. Each component installed before Time Management component should be registered manually in the Human Resources / Time Management / Settings / Time Registration / Time Registration Aware Modules window.
Manual configuration of connections to other components
If a component is installed before Time Management its registration must be done manually via the Human Resources / Time Management / Settings / Time Registration / Time Registration Aware Modules window.
Manual registration of a component is similar for each component which could to be connected to Time Management. Nevertheless some differences exists. Here, as an example, connection of Project Reporting is described.
There are two different ways of accessing Project Reporting via the Time Management:
- Registration of Time using Short Name (default).
- Registration of Time using Project, Sub Project and Activity.
If it is required to use default settings and report on Project, Sub Project and Activity, then follow these steps:
- Click New.
- Enter PRJREP as Module, PRJREP_TIMMAN as Module View and PRJREP_TIMMAN_API as Module Package.
- Click Save.
If it is required to use non-default settings and report on Project, Sub Project and Activity, then follow these steps:
- Click New.
- Enter PRJREP as Module, PRJREP_TIMMAN2 as Module View and PRJREP_TIMMAN2_API as Module Package.
- Click Save.
If you want to change existing settings you have to delete the active row for PRJREP prior to entering a new one.
Note: If it is required to change the Time Management integration settings in a database where end users have registered shortcuts, all existing shortcuts must be manually deleted from
List of possible connections to Time Management
Following views and packages are prepared to allow connections of components to Time Management:
- PRJREP: MCPR_TIMMAN, MCPR_TIMMAN_API,
- PRJREP: PRC_TIMMAN, PRC_TIMMAN_API,
- PRJREP: PRJREP_TIMMAN, PRJREP_TIMMAN,
- PRJREP: PRJREP_TIMMAN2, PRJREP_TIMMAN2,
- SHPORD: INDIRECT_TIMMAN, INDIRECT_TIMMAN_API,
- SHPORD: SHPORD_TIMMAN, SHPORD_TIMMAN_API,
- WO: WO_TIMMAN, WO_TIMMAN_API.