This section of the Developer's Guide provides answers to some of the common problems faced by developers. This guide will assist you to track down and resolve issues that you may come across during various stages of the report development cycle.
Column titles are not shown in runtime?
If a column title is not shown as a result of renaming an existing column title then make sure to update the translation file and verify that the new column titles are defined in the RDF view comments.
If the column title is not shown for a newly added field it is most likely because the schema file used is outdated. Therefore, make sure to deploy the latest schema file to the database after making the modifications to the model.
Report data is not shown in runtime?
To verify that the XML has been generated successfully:
- Make sure there is an entry in the XML_REPORT_DATA_TAB under the report's result key. If an entry cannot be found, ensure that:
- Report_SYS.Finish_Xml_Report method is called at the bottom of the RDF.
- The Create Xml and Active check boxes are selected in Solution Manager, Info Services, List Report detail form.
- If an entry is present in the XML_REPORT_DATA_TAB, study the XML that has been written to the the Data column and make sure that,
- Start tags have been closed in the proper order of execution.
- End tags have been placed inside/outside their corresponding FOR loops.
- Also make sure there is actually data in the tables, for the specified report parameters.
- The modified RDF has been deployed to the database.
Cannot preview the report in runtime?
You may not be able to preview the report successfully due to number of reasons. If the XML for the report body is successfully generated and yet the report cannot be previewed, see to that the following actions are done.
- Make sure there is an entry in the PDF_ARCHIVE_TAB for the report's result key. If an entry cannot be found, ensure that:
- The style sheet (.xsl) has been successfully imported to the database.
- The schema file (.xsd) has been successfully imported to the database.
- Batch server and the Print Agent handler has been started.
- If an entry is present in the above table and yet the report cannot be previewed, make sure that:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Acrobat ActiveX) is installed in the client machine.
Cannot preview images in runtime?
Make sure that,
- Runtime support for the image has been set in design time. Select the image object from the layout, RMB and select Set image path in runtime option.
- If the image is a static company logo, make sure the Default logotype support checkbox in Set Image as Logo dialog has been selected. If the image is not a logo but some other static image then make sure the above check box is cleared and the values for Explicit Runtime image pat h and Fallback Runtime image path are cleared. Make sure the value given for File extension conversion matches with that of the actual image file. If the image is a dynamic image ensure the Explicit Runtime image pat h contains a valid XPath which returns a file path to the image or a valid http/ftp path.
- Make sure that all image files other than those fetched from a http/ftp path are present in the application server and in their correct folder locations under the default image path of the server.
- Image file format should be supported. The image file should be in either .jpg, gif or.png formats. Bitmap images must be converted to one of the above supported formats as bitmaps are not supported.
The report does not get listed in the Order Reports dialog?
If the report does not get listed under the Report combo in the Order Reports dialog, see to that,
- The report title has been defined in the RDF's Report_SYS.Define_Report method call.
- The RDF has been deployed successfully.
Report layouts not listed in the Print dialog?
If the layouts registered in Solution Manager, Info Services are not listed under the Layout combo of the Print Dialog make sure that the Active checkbox in the Solution Manager, Info Services, List Reports detail form has been selected.