Example of Creating a Basic Quick Report¶
This example describes how to create a basic Crystal Report. The example report shows the IFS Cloud Platform user properties for the current user.
A step by step instruction of how to create this report¶
- Start Crystal Reports and start the report wizard (by selecting Using the Report Wizard radio button), if the welcome dialog doesn't appear start the report wizard by selecting New.
- Select Create new connection /Oracle Server, and provide the Service, User ID and Password in the connection dialog window and click "Finish". Add the FND_USER_PROPERTY view from the appropriate database user and click Next >. If you are unable to see the Views section, select File/Options... and choose the Database tab. Make sure the Views is checked.
Note: FND_USER_PROPERTY is used as an example here and not necessary to include in your own report.
3. Add the IDENTITY, NAME and VALUE fields from the FND_USER_PROPERTY table/view by selecting the field and clicking on the ">" button.
4. Click Finish. 5. Set the alias for the databases ( Database/ Database Export...). Append a backslash () to the end of the FND_USER_PROPERTY, by selecting the view from the "Selected Tables:" and pressing F2 button. Click OK. 6. Layout the report the way you want it to look. In design mode it could look something like this.
7. Make sure the "Save Data with Report" option is not checked in the File menu. Save the report. 8. Previewed by to tool, it could look something like this.