Tips & Tricks¶
Data Migration jobs may be configured for different purposes and in a great variety of combinations. FNDMIG can serve both as a Interface Tool, handling flat files in/out, as well as being a dynamic Migration Tool.
Below you will find shortcuts to the main areas that the tool covers, with examples and recommendations on how to solve specific challenges.
- Handle error-messages and debug info >>
- Use conversion lists to transform external data to IFS values >>
- Read data from db-links, JOINs updating multiple LUs >>
- Create a Job Chain, with extended error-handling >>
- Make advanced Method List setup; calling any procedure or function >>
- Make advanced Method List setup; defining conditions for method execution + tailor-made error message >>
- Make advanced Method List setup; parsing variables between methods, using TechnicalObjectReference >>
- Use Data Migration Utility jobs >>
- Make advanced Method List setup; using dedicated LU for updating tables directly, parse ATTR-string >>
- Check the dynamic procedure >>